THE TECHNOLOGY OF ULTRAFILTRATION
The technology of ultrafiltration is characterized by use of membranes with pore diameter 0,1-0,002 microns.
- full removal of the suspended solids (less than 0,5 mg/l);
- full removal colloid suspensions;
- removal of organic and inorganic substances with the molecule size more than membrane pore;
- removal of microorganisms (virus, bacteria 99,9%);
- full removal of oil products;
- high water quality, as initial for the return osmosis (colloid index SDI less than 3,0).
Standard parameters of the ultrafiltration method:
|Index ||Source water ||Treated water |
|Suspended solids, mg/l || up to 300 ||less than 0,5 |
|COD, mg/l || up to 500 ||decrease to 90% |
|Permanganate oxidability, mg/l || 5-30 ||decrease to 80% |
|Coloration, degrees || up to 100 ||less than 10 |
|Colloid index SDI 15 ||more than 6 ||less than 2 |
Field of application:
- Public water supply abstraction from surface water and artesian wells
Reaching of water quality conformance to SANR & S (SanPin) 188.8.131.524-01 requirements «Drinking water. Hygienic requirements to water quality of drinking water supply centralized systems. Quality control.», and also the quality improvement, according to recommendations of the World Health Organization.
- Prepreparation before the return osmosis and an ionic exchange.
Substitution of a traditional filtration on mechanical filters with reagent processing of a liquid (coagulation, flocculation) for ultrafiltration allows to improve water quality, to lower loading on osmosis membranes, to increase their service life.
- Effective processing of industrial sewage with high deduction of the basic pollution components.
Pulp and paper industry, petrochemical manufactures, metallurgical works, chemical, medical enterprises, the food-processing industry. The reuse of effluent with maintenance of the closed cycle (turnaround system) reduces technogenic loading on reservoirs.
- Technology of deep treatment and additional treatment of municipal wastewater plants.
Application of ultrafiltration methods allows to reach and exceed the requirements shown to fishiries reservoirs on the majority of parameters, and also to provide stable quality with release of the effluent in zone of strict sanitary protection of water sources.
- high technology efficiency;
- full automation of control system;
- simple process of membranes replacement;
- long service life.
Membrane filtration on a principle of the return osmosis and nanofiltration:
| Baromembrane process || The pore size in a membrane |
| Angstroem unit || micron |
| Nanofiltration || 10-20 || 0,001-0,002 |
| Return osmosis || <10 || <0,001 |
Provides full removal of organic and inorganic contaminations, radioactive nuclides. Significant or full decrease of salt content (selectivity of NaCl up to 96 %). Significant or full removal of heavy metals. Full removal of microflora (a bacterium, viruses)
- Receipt of water of drinking quality from saltish sources or sea water;
- Improvement of water quality by removal organic and chloroorganic compounds and microflora;
- Treatment of mud waters of a basin;
- Receipt of super pure water for food, medical, pharmaceutical, electronic and chemical industry;
- Receipt of feeding and make-up water for boiler-houses;
- Processing of especially dangerous liquid drains of the industrial plants and household garbage.